Our mission is to enhance the Hewes student experience while building community and making lifelong positive memories. The heart of PTA is advocating for our children.
Why Join the PTA?
- Have a “Voice”. Supporting the PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest new ideas.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school, meet other parents, your school staff and build relationships while supporting our school, especially through volunteering.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved with your school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Enjoy Membership Perks. PTA members can take advantage of local discounts at amusement parks and aquariums which you receive once you become PTA member.
- Provide Support & Enrichment. PTA volunteers concentrate on developing the valuable enrichment programs for students and our school community as well as additional financial for materials/technology.
How Does the PTA Get Its Money?
The PTA raises the majority of our funds through a fall and spring fundraiser. The fall fundraiser is a pledge based program called the Highlander Club. Yay, no more selling magazines or cookie dough-- Just straight donations where 100% of your donation goes to benefit Hewes and its students. We encourage you to have your family and friends donate through the Highlander Club as well. We accept and encourage corporate matching.
The Spring Fundraiser is a fun adults-only event scheduled for Saturday, March 17, 2018. Dinner, DJ, silent and live auctions are just some of the fun events planned for that evening. Put this date on your calendar. This event is open to all Hewes parents, adult friends and family.
Other fundraising activities include restaurant nights, Card Programs (i.e. Amazon Smiles, Ralphs) and corporate sponsorships. We encourage those of you have own a business, work for a business or know someone who does, to become a Hewes Sponsor. In addition to supporting their community and its future leaders (i.e. current students), businesses have the opportunity to have over 800 families exposed to their brand through sponsor signage and advertising opportunities.
What does PTA do with the funds?
The PTA has adopted a more active role in financially supporting our school with activities and programs no longer provided by state funding. It is our goal to respectfully and intentionally allocate the funds with which we have been entrusted.
PTA uses its funds to enhance the student experience through supporting the current curriculum and funding activities that create community and memorable experiences for its students.
PTA Programs included (but are not limited to):
- Binder Reminders
- Staff Appreciation
- Teacher Support
- Highlander Days
- Wood Shop, Home Ec, and STEAM
- After School Activities and Sports
- 8th Promotion Activities
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- And Much More!
- ASB Activities
- PBIS Activities
- International Week
Hewes Campus Enhancements includes, but are not limited to:
- Water Bottle Filling stations
- Campus Landscaping
- Library Renovations and New Circulation Desk
- Computer Lab Redesign and Equipment
- Seating Under the New Solar Shade Structure